Week 9: Spring Training
Just 4 weeks until our new season
LOS ANGELES, CA Friday Mar.2.2007 /FantasyMusicLeague.com/ -- The days are getting longer, the temperature is getting higher, and our Spring 2007 FML season is just around the corner!
Don't miss out on an opportunity to win some cool prizes like a video iPod, an iPod Shuffle, iTunes gift cards, and of course, the very fashionable FML T-shirts...don't throw away the chance to earn some cold hard cash! Make sure to register for the Open, Mini and Private Leagues before the current 13-week season comes to a close.
If you're already competing for prizes with your label, don't worry, you can keep all your same artists just as long as you don't go over your $70 million dollar budget. Simply choose the Rollover This Label button that will appear on your Label Management screen.
And, if you're joining the competition for the first time, here are some tips for selecting and managing a killer roster:
1) Practice makes perfect. Gear up for the Spring season by joining our Indie League. Maybe you're a natural, or, if you're anything like me, you'll make mistakes and learn from them.
2) Do your research. Check out our eTracks charts to see how an artist is performing. Catch up on the latest news headlines in our NMC NewsStream, and, of course, read the FML Insider on a regular basis.
3) Dare to be different. Sometimes taking a gamble on a new artist can really pay off.
4) Check out the competition. Keep a close eye on what the your FML cohorts are up to. Note any changes that they've made to their label, and see if it's made a difference in their competitive standing.
5) Don't sweat the switch. If an artist is not making the grade, find another who will. You may want to think of investing in an Artist Switch Pack. It costs 10 bucks and allows to to switch out Artists 5 more times. What if you don't use all you switches, you ask? Easy. You can roll them over into next season and use them then. But do remember, an Artist SwitchPack is good only for the Label for which you purchase it.
But none of this matters if you don't play. Signing up is easy, just click on Play Now on the FML home page, and we'll guide you through the rest. All you have to do is create your dream team, and you're on your way to music moguldom!
Speaking of moguls, we have a few savvy competitors on our hands in this week's game. Stevemoose's label, "glastonbury3" is back on top in the Open League. The label has been duking it out for weeks with Fetzmonger's "Deadeye Records," and now just $400,000 separates the two. But with a few weeks left in the competition, the deal hasn't been sealed just yet. Amarpan's "Digital Roasters" and "roster2" may suprise everyone in the coming weeks.
Until week 10, happy playing!